Hey there, I’m Karis. I’m a pizza-slinger by night-slash-writer by day in New York.
When I was a child, I decided I didn’t like the ending of one of Nancy Rue’s books, so I rewrote it. Then I threw it away because I didn’t want to be arrested and prosecuted for plagiarism — I was pretty paranoid at the time (I’m totally not anymore. I’m definitely never afraid that people can read my mind; totally not even a thing.)
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I’ve broken exactly one bone in my life: my nose, by smashing it into my knee. That was fun, and I still have the scar…on my knee.
- My favorite shows are almost all on the CW — see Jane the Virgin and Reign.
- Ti posso parlare in italiano, un poco en español, und ich spreche auch ein bisschen Deutsch.
- I hope to adopt a kitten and name her Richard some day.
- I have major depression, mild anxiety and a lot of paranoia; this fact isn’t fun, but it’s true and I write about it a lot, so if that scares you…well, you were warned.
If you like what you read and want to contact me about hiring me for any sort of copy editing or writing-related project, please don’t hesitate to do so.